Saturday, February 24, 2007

漫畫

















Stumbled across a crazy 漫畫 convention at my college's gym. At first, it made me think of the culture of cuteness in Asia--girls holding dolls, wearing pink wigs, etc. But as I walked around more, I realized, unlike my stereotype of manga, most of the women weren't dressed up to be cute. They were much more into the super-heroine look, but really it was difficult to generalize.

I do think the Japanese aesthetic is really interesting, one of the most exciting in the world. So I guess thats why I took such an inordinate amount of pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's insane that they do this dress-up thing like once a month. It's quite scary to me. Like, "Ooh! Halloween...AGAIN!...and...AGAIN!" etc etc. Once again, I love the art. I wish I had US$200 to buy something from you. Not to worry. I shall win the lottery soon. But that doesn't mean you can charge me for more than $200!!!