Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ye Liu rock formations







I travel Taiwan with Julianna, and last week we visited Ye Liu, a tiny fishing town in the north famous for its huge eroded rocks. Taiwan is geologist's paradise. Now that I'm living in Taipei, surrounded by concrete and clubs, I really appreciate last year and the fact that it is a jungle/beach/earthquake/crazy rock island. These are, according to the terrible English translations at the park, "mushroom rocks", "candle rocks" and "tofu rocks".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,

I felt it too! And I stumbled across a neat little gallery space if you're interested (Really--Ma). I'll call you soon as the ground stops trembling.

Rock on!
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.