Wednesday, January 24, 2007

DDR in Taiwan

I named the blog thoughts and doodles, but recently at least, I have been filling up the pages with images and very few thoughts. This is partially because I have nothing interesting to say. After all, all I ever do is memorize Chinese characters. Once something exciting happens with modeling I will be sure to analyze, but that is yet to come. But Taiwan is an interesting place, with a rich culture, and good food, and I know people and do things (occasionally....) so I ought to write something. Recently, for example, my life has been filled with DDR, which I have traveled far to play and spent much money on in the last month or so. And brings back wonderful memories from college, oh...

Dance Dance Revolution... is not popular in Taiwan. I must find a machine that is not 30 minutes away on the MRT. This fact explodes my previously held stereotype, that all people from Asia must love and be fantastic at DDR. (But it is confusing, because in Japan I found DDR everywhere... and Taiwan is so highly influenced by Japan, except, I gather, for the dancing video machine way) Rather, they seem to be too cool for DDR, and if they do play, I beat them, which is pathetic because I'm not even very good. Instead, it has been replaced by a drumming game, which is exactly the same as DDR, but with drums, and therefore not fun and doesn't make you sweat. I am in favor of an arcade made solely from DDR machines. A friend suggested a gym... I think this is genius.

No comments: