Saturday, January 20, 2007

work in progress





Last year, artistically, was defined by creating great big grids on my walls filled with hands. And this year, at Tai Da, I just haven't had the artistic gumption to do anything of that level, which was depressing, but now I find this second semester I suddenly have so much more energy that I've started on another huge grid. No more little quirky doodles... or yes quirky doodles, but alongside the larger, more difficult piece. This is not done and hopefully won't be done for a long time. I want it to grow, I want to fill the entire thing in with color, I want it to be an explosion of weirdness, a real landscape finally. This piece is taking the themes that I became interested in last year (disembodied hands, quirky blob like Taiwanese things) and trying to be a little more mature with them than I was last year. The piece still has a lot of problems but I'm excited. Whole piece and detail.

No comments: