Friday, September 29, 2006

around the world in 90 days...

I've been in Taipei for about two weeks now, and I've been in school for 5 days. Before I got here, this is how much I traveled.

Taipei, Taiwan, to Suva, Fiji: 4848 miles
Suva, Fiji, to Tokyo, Japan: 4493 miles
Osaka, Japan, to Shang Hai, China: 845 miles
Shang Hai, China, to Beijing, China: 666 miles
Beijing, China, to Ulaan Bataar, Mongolia: 727 miles
Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia, to Moscow, Russia: 2874 miles
Moscow, Russia, to St Petersburg, Russia: 396 miles
St Petersburg, Russia, to Helsinki, Finland: 184 miles
Helsinki, Finland, to New York, USA: 4108 miles
New York, USA, to Taipei, Taiwan: 7774 miles

You certainly might not find all that above interesting, but it was interesting for me to figure all that out. And what is a blog for if not for the blogger to self centeredly figure things out for herself? The total number of miles traveled in one summer is 26,315 miles. The circumference of the earth is 24,901 miles. I guess I got used to airplane air (thin and stale) and railroad air (stinky) but now I'm acclimating to Taipei's (gray and wet). If you put it in miles per hour, I've been moving at a rate of 12 mph, on average.

No comments: