Monday, July 24, 2006

Illustration Friday--Opposites



For this week's illustration friday challenge I combined the topic "Opposites" with a topic from a couple weeks ago which struck me--"Sticky". For the Sticky topic I got the idea of lot of children blowing bubblegum balloons and the types of patterns that might emerge if I made an entire environment populated by them... and since then I've been obsessed with children and bubbles. So for the Opposites challenge I continued along this path, but Photoshopped this girl so all the colors are opposite. Interestingly, the atmosphere transforms to an opposite too--from quirky and cute to more scary. I know, pressing "apple-I" is a bit too easy, but I like the end product anyway!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

I love your colors against the black background.