Monday, July 03, 2006

Illustration Friday: Sticky



The topic this week got me inspired... I imagine this as a huge pattern covering a wall, all about the negative spaces created by a sea of floating people blowing bubble-gum balloons. Perhaps I could make it even flatter, just using one color or using Photoshop rather than watercolors, so as to make the piece more of a pattern, more graphic, less of a landscape or scene. This beginning (I hope) is made of big balloons of bubblegum and tiny children (I made one Fijian, a boy with a red flowered shirt and a skirt...to recap, I'm in Fiji visiting my parents right now before returning to Taiwan). I want to make it more obvious that they are bubblegum balloons though.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this and I can clearly see that the children are blowing bubbles in gum. I think it is a beautiful piece as it is!

Willie Baronet said...

I think it is perfect just the way it is! Nice job. You have a very strange and interesting brain. :-)

garth bruner said...

Oh yes, don't photoshop it! The watercolors bring life to it! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Very cool illo! I love your color use and the abstraction of it all. Nice! =)

Dana S. Whitney said...

Interesting how some themes "work" better for some of us than others. I like what you did with this... and agree with rrramone!

Unknown said...

I like this one a lot, great composition!

Serline said...

The one on the top right looks like a grape to me. Fun and wonderful.

lil kim said...

great idea! I didn't even notice the children at first and saw it as something completely abstract, then the children just added so much to it. Great composition and colours!

Regiana Queiroz said...

great job!!!! bellissimo!