Monday, June 12, 2006

Illustration Friday: Jungle



For Illustration Friday's challenge, "Jungle". This is one I couldn't pass up because, unlike most people, I actually do live in a jungle. So when I saw this week's challenge I took a walk in my jungle to excersise my knee and attempt to sear my home in my brain before I leave in 2 weeks. I want to remember the peace of this place, the coolness of the air, the utter silence, the giant spiders, the occasional snake. These are some pictures of the real jungle: both of these pictures are taken about a 10 minute walk away from my house. Since I'm leaving so soon I am now trying to walk in the mountains every day.



15 comments:

shoop said...

i really like this picture... it looks like something you would find on a billabong or quiksilver. jus thought id say good job

AscenderRisesAbove said...

wonderful combination of watercolor and pen & ink; enjoyed the detail

arvindh said...

i like your intermix of colour and ink.

carla said...

This is exquisite! I love your fine, delicate linework and your wonderful use of color....restraining yourself to just the right amount Leaving the black and white spaces adds such a feeling of freshness! I haven't visited your blog before...you have some very lovely work. I was intrigued by your submission for IMT...I love the way you created the stencil from tape. Wow!

Anonymous said...

again i really like your work, great illustration!

Diane Duda said...

WOW! Just beautiful.

Da Ghost Prod said...

"Grafickly beautiful" !!! i want this picture on my teeshirt, my friend Quicksilver will be really jealous ! Great work ! :)

Edward Pun said...

Beautiful line work and colors. It's perfect that you can walk out your door and use it for reference. :)

sazzyplip said...

This is really lovely, I like the mix of ink and colour. Great composition.

Natura said...

Very good linework, great composition, like it very much.

FoodChiCa said...

I lvoe this illustration and the watercolor you applied on it and love all your "doodles" style!

Lindsay said...

this is absolutely gorgeous. I was uninspired by the jungle theme until I saw this piece. You have such talent.

Fernanda Guedes said...

Awesome! Well done! Love the B&W with a few colors.

Heartful said...

Wow, this is my favourite jungle post so far, it's gorgeous. I love the contrast between the black and white and the colours.

Unknown said...

I like the transperent look its beautiful.