Monday, June 19, 2006

today I rode my scooter to the top of a mountain...




and found a little bamboo hut in which I ate a solitary dinner of zhong zhi (rice triangles wrapped in banana leaves) and sushi. Actually it wasn't my scooter, it was the school's scooter, but since I am now in my last week of being here its imperitave that I get around. Partly for convenience but mostly so that I can enjoy the views one last time. I can't imagine when I will live in a 100 person village in the middle of the mountains where you frequently see monkeys and flying squirrels, wash your hair in the river, get candy through your window from little kids (today i got a cd and a pack of colored pencils), and eat freshly mashed snail off the ground (that happened yesterday), again. These pictures may not be amazing by grand canyon standards, but this is where I live! That far surpasses seeing the Grand Canyon as a tourist for 2 days.


1 comment:

Weichuen You said...

I am so glad that I have found your blog. The pictures are so beautiful and of course, your art is fantastic. I will come back to read your posts!